Okay, so this blog looks totally different. It has a new name, a new look, and personally I think it looks kind of hipster (sorry).
This used to be Miss Magic’s Memoir.
I haven’t posted since April. I was 13 and I’m now 14.
Maybe it’s just me, but the second I turned 14, I would look back at anything I did as a 13 year old and cringe. So, I would really appreciate it if you don’t read my old posts, haha!
So, if you notice anything on the site that mentions anything about Miss Magic’s Memoir, please comment and let me know so I can update it 😛
Anyways, I want to talk about my reflection on these past few months and my goals and hopes for the New Year.
If you’ve been a follower of this blog for a while, you might know that I am doing Florida Virtual School right now. This new school year was the start of high school for me. I am now in 9th grade, and honestly, its been very difficult for me.
I find myself procrastinating and being generally extremely stressed out, especially since I’m trying to wrap up by Christmas.
I’ve had a couple of minor breakdowns due to stress, and it’s pretty surprising to me. I didn’t think high school was going to be too much different from middle school. Everyone assured me that high school sounded a lot scarier and harder than it was, but school kind of follows me like a shadow all the time. It gets in the way of quite a few things.
Let me clarify; I’ve been a homeschool student my whole life (well, up until I started middle school, which was when I began virtual school). If I ever wanted to go somewhere, or do something, it wasn’t as big of a deal because I didn’t have true deadlines. Of course, I had to do work weekly, but there were no grades and no amount of work that I had to complete each week.
Even in middle school, I was in a similar situation to homeschool because I took about half the classes I do now as a high school student.
Now, if I ever want to hang out with friends when they have the day off of school, I’m often busy with my own schoolwork, since FLVS doesn’t get days off of school when normal schools do (likely because you have to submit work weekly, not by certain dates).
My dad has Mondays off of work now, so we like to go out to eat, watch movies, go shopping, things like that. But, school is restricting me from being able to spend this time with my family.
And my parents would roll their eyes at this and say that I simply procrastinate and I would not deny that. Yes, I am probably the worst with procrastination on this Earth. I’m probably procrastinating something right now without even knowing. But FLVS makes it very, very easy to procrastinate.
Now, I don’t want to trash on FLVS. FLVS is wonderful, they have amazing classes, I loved it all through middle school, but now FLVS just doesn’t work for ME anymore. I feel like it just isn’t working out.
I understand that school is “supposed” to be a little stressful and it’s supposed to help you with time management, but the stress is becoming a little too much. I don’t want to continue going down this rabbit trail because it is boring and distracting, so now back to my point.
So, in the New Year, I will be going back to homeschool. I will probably take one or two electives with FLVS because they have great high school electives, but I will probably take little or no core courses with FLVS.
I also have a few other New Year’s goals that I feel like now that I’m a little bit older, I may have a bit more of a chance to succeed with.
I have typical resolutions like eat healthier and exercise, but here are some of my more specific resolutions:
- Drink more water – I definitely don’t drink enough water, and I know the benefits of drinking the right amount each day.
- Keep a bullet journal – I’m honestly really excited for this one. A bullet journal is a great way to organize your life and manage your time and moods and the like.
- Learn a little bit of dance – I definitely feel like I’m a little too old to become a pro ballerina at this point, but as a singer and actress, I feel like having a bit more dance background than I do will be helpful.
- Learn how to play the piano/keyboard – I’ve already partially started this one since I own a keyboard. I already play the ukulele so I would like to be able to play multiple instruments. Once I learn piano I would like to move on to guitar.
- READ MORE – I honestly haven’t read a book by choice in years, which is sad because I used to love reading, so I would love to get back into that hobby.
- Volunteer more – This is one that I actually came up with literally while I am writing this, but I did some volunteer work at a Special Olympics (sports for the disabled) event for one of my classes, and honestly it was a fantastic experience. So I would love to give back more in any way that I could.
- Learn yoga/mindfulness – I would love to learn to meditate or relax more with yoga
- Become more flexible – I feel like I have the capability to be more flexible, seeing as over the summer I stretched almost every day and become much more flexible, but I just need to commit to it again.
- Blog more! – I would love to continue blogging again in the new year, so give me some ideas for posts in the comments!
The only reason I know I will have time to achieve all this is because I will be doing homeschool again, so that is why I’m so thrilled to be going back to it.
Anyways, sorry for the long post. I wish I had a potato to give you but I don’t xD
Cheers to the new year!